- What’s driving up college tuition? According to the Atlantic, the Atlantic has nothing but baseless speculation to offer.
- What with the 6.5% average increase in the cost of public education, at least we have our libraries back.
- WE HAVE YOU BY THE BALLS, REPUBLICANS! (and libertarians). “Presidential election outcome changed voters’ testosterone.”
- The Washington Post is dead: “The good news is that religious conservatives continue to breed like rabbits, while secular saboteurs have shut down: they’re too busy walking their dogs, going to bathhouses and aborting their kids. Time, it seems, is on the side of the angels.”
- The Clog is creeped out by the cyborg beetles project. Me, the Clog, and Professor Brian Harvey*? Dear boyfriend, the research project you’ve been assigned to is a priori creepy.
*”That’s the creepiest thing I’ve ever heard of.” – Brian Harvey, from a totally legit source, bro!
Hey, and if any of you non-porn-surfing readers still care about Iran (or ever cared), the Iranian Student Alliance in America (what a mouthful) is holding a rally at 12 on Thursday, on Sproul Plaza (of course). Other happenings that day:
2-3:30 – Tilden Room, MLK Student Union, 5th floor – Panel Discussion with Dr. Arash Naraghi and Omid Memarian
9-10 – Sproul Plaza – Social Justice Week Candlelight Vigil
These are some really interesting people they’ve snagged for the event, so if you were glued to your screen during the Week that Twitter Did Something Useful (… like I was…), you might want to check this out. That said, if you were glued to your screen during the Week that Twitter Did Something Useful, like I was, you are probably also a pale, fragile shut-in who can’t stand being around so many yelly people.
Haha just kidding I am totally awesome and cool I AM NOTHING LIKE THAT