IRL News – 1/31/09January 31, 2010
Almost nothing happened this week, but I’ve committed to posting on this thing regularly from now on, so here’s a bunch of news for you to have in front of you for a while. Here goes!
- The Grammys happened, and everyone who attended dressed up like different kinds of spaceships. Lady Gaga won some stuff, and “Halo” by Beyonce won, and I really need to reevaluate what I listen to/care about.
- Rip Torn got drunk and robbed a bank. This is a thing that actually happened In Real Life. It actually happened. Reminder: Rip Torn also hit Norman Mailer with a hammer and Norman Mailer almost bit his ear off. These things happened. Why does anyone care about anything else happening.
- Those chuckleheads who “exposed” ACORN for giving tax advice to the wacky pimp caricature they dressed up as completely screwed up and attempted to bug the phone of a senator, on federal property, and are now basically going to go to jail forever. To cut their losses, they are now blaming liberals.
- Rich White Man May Run For President
- I now no longer remember a time when people weren’t talking about or complaining about or overtly shilling for the iPad. There’s no link to any particular news article or anything about it, I just want you to know that I’m tired of hearing about the stupid iPad.
That’s it for this week, hopefully some more interesting things will happen next week so I won’t have to talk about the iPad ever again.