The Internet in Brief: 8/04/09August 4, 2009
- Nick Cannon and Nas decide I don’t watch nearly enough stomach-churning blackface youtubes in my summer session AC class:
- Speaking of weird racial shit, there is a new instance of bizarre and ideologically confused political “art”:
Look, taking an American Cultures class will make anyone start seeing blackface and reverse blackface (kind of a thing in the 1820s for real but not in the way I mean at the moment) in anything, but even without the possible racial connotation, this shit is really weird, right?
Found via Andrew Sullivan.
[P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY OBAMA I AM RATHER DISAPPOINTED WITH HOW HEALTH CARE IS SHAPING UP BUT I AM STILL GLAD YOU ARE PRESIDENT HI-FIVE]
- Some genius at Vanity Fair gets the same incredibly clever idea. Look guys. Neither of them embody the primal force of chaos. Get the fuck over it.
- Going back to Andrew Sullivan, maybe I shouldn’t click on everything he posts. After all, his idea of a mental health break is making me watch a moonkin sing Beyonce.
- I’ve been itching to make another Riley Waggaman trackback, so here it is: fucken Sallie Mae overcharged the government. Did you know that sometimes I get so mad about administrative and bureaucratic wrongdoing that I consider writing a letter to the government? Haha just kidding no I keep it all pent up inside me and then take it out on the homeless. Oh the warm spray of human blood.